Plant Story app is a reflection of our diverse community of cultures, ages and beliefs. We've spent a lot of time thinking about the different points of view that create a safe and open environment for everyone.
Each participant in our community is responsible for maintaining these standards. In deciding whether someone has violated the rules, we will take into accounts things like newsworthiness, the context and nature of the posted information, the likelihood and severity of actual or potential harms, and applicable laws.
Violations of our rules may result in consequences such as account restrictions, limited distribution of your posts and suspension of your account. We may limit the distribution of controversial or extreme content.
Threats of violence and incitement
We do not allow content or actions that threaten, encourage, or incite violence against anyone, directly or indirectly.
We do not allow content that promotes violence or hatred against people based on characteristics like race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, disease, age , sexual orientation, gender or gender identity.
We do not allow posts or accounts that glorify, celebrate, downplay or trivialize violence, suffering, abuse, or deaths of individuals or groups. This includes the use of scientific or pseudoscientific claims to pathologize, dehumanize, or disempower others. We do not allow calls for intolerance, exclusion, or segregation based on protected characteristics, nor do we allow the glorification of groups which do any of the above.
We do not allow hateful text, images, symbols, or other content in your username, profile, or bio.
Plant Story app community exists to share and discuss ideas. We don’t tolerate harassment, which includes:
- Bullying, threatening, or shaming someone, or posting things likely to encourage others to do so,
- Using Plant Story app community features like responses, private notes, mentions, follows, story requests, or writer request in a way intended to annoy or harass someone,
- Revieing businesses or products in a gratuitously harmful ot abusive manner.
Privacy and Reputation
We do not allow the following:
- Promotion of harmful conspiracies
- Facilitation of gambling or betting
- Facilitation of buying or selling social media interactions, including off platform
- Facilitation of illegal sexual services
- Facilitation of copyright violation
We do not allow posting duplicate content, whether from a single account or across multiple accounts, either publicly or as an unlisted story.
We do not allow spam in the Plant Story app community. All Spam will be immediately removing from Plant Story app community, without notification. While it is hard to define this content with precision or completeness, here are some representative behaviors we look for that are characteristic of spam:
- Posting content primarily to drive traffic to, or increase the search ranking of, an external site, product or services.
- Scraping and reposting content from other sources for the primary purpose of generating revenue or other personal gains
- Posting duplicates content, whether from a single account or across multiple accounts
- Stories where the content is clipped with the sole purpose of linking to the rest of the article on a different website.
- Preforming a disproportionately large number of interactions, particularly by automated means. This includes bulk, indiscriminate interactions, such as following of other accounts (follow spam) clapping, highlighting, or leaving notes
- Repeatedly using responses or other interactions as a method of promotion
- Participating in bounty campaigns or brigades to artificially inflate rankings for posts, accounts, businesses, or products
- Use or re-use content templates with slight modifications across multiple posts and accounts
For each of these behaviors, when we talk about "content", we mean not only posts but also any other feature that allows you to add your own text or media. When we talk about "interactions", we mean any feature that allows one user to interact with another, or with a post.
Paid, automatic, bulk, or non-genuine interactions
Plant Story app Community depends on various user behaviours — likes, follows and upvotes — to determine what content to feature and make the site work well for everyone. So, we don't allow artificial behaviours that skew this system and as a result degrade or distort other users' experiences. This includes:
- Buying, selling, or trading in accounts or account interactions — including views, follows, upvotes, likes, answers or other traffic
- Using services, apps, or arrangements that offer you more views, likes, upvotes, or other interactions on your Plant Story app Community account or content
- Registering accounts, posting content, or interacting with users or content automatically, systematically, or programmatically
Copyright and trademark infringement
Respect the copyrights and trademarks of others. Unless you're authorized to use someone else's copyrighted work or trademark (either expressly or by legal exceptions and limitations like fair use), don't do it.
The content must comply with the rules and can be deleted or upgraded/edited if it does not comply with the rules.
We do not allow deceptive conduct on Plant Story app Community. This includes:
- Posting content or impersonating a person or organization in a way likely to deceive people. Parody and satire are fine, but make clear that is what you're doing.
- Our Username Policy has specific requirements for parody accounts.
- Using Plant Story app Community for phishing or fraud. Don't use tags, links, titles, or other metadata in a misleading way. Don't link to or embed malicious or harmful code or software in your posts.
- Don't use deception to generate revenue or traffic.
- If you have received compensation, free goods/services or anything of value in connection with the topic of a post, you must make this clear.
Ads, Promotions, and Marketing
- Third-party advertising and sponsorships are not allowed. You may not advertise or promote third-party products, services, or brands through Plant Story app Community posts, publications, or letters. This includes images that indicate brand sponsorship in a post or letter, or as part of a publication name or logo.
- Images functioning as third-party ads are not allowed. Inline images or embeds that link out and function as banner ads for third-party brands are not allowed.
- You must disclose affiliate links or payment for a post. Affiliate links or any other link out where you will receive a commission or other value, are allowed in posts. But, you must disclose somewhere in the post that it includes affiliate links. If you have received payment, goods or services, or something else of value in exchange for writing a post, you must still disclose this fact in writing within your post.
We are restricting the behavior of certain embedded content:
- Embeds that directly collect data through form fields are not allowed. This includes embeds that facilitate the submission of email addresses and other personally identifying information through forms and the submission of credit card information. If you want to collect information from your readers, you will need to link out from your post on Plant Story app Community to a form hosted elsewhere that makes it clear to a user that they are no longer in the Plant Story app Community network
Cryptocurrency Accounts, Posts, and Publications
Posts and accounts that focus on cryptocurrencies which do not meet the following requirements may be considered spam and are subject to suspension, depending on context. Plant Story app Community does not endorse or verify any coin, token, or similar announcement.
To prevent fraud and abuse, you must:
- Include a link to your active project domain in your user account bio.
- Use an email address from that domain as your verified Plant Story app Community account email, and maintain that email account actively.
- Include a prominent about page with up-to-date contact information on your project website.
To prevent fraud and abuse, you must:
- Advertise or participate in bounty campaigns, pump and dumps, reviewing for reward, or other forms of brigading or inauthentic activity.
- Include shortened URLs in your posts.
We do not allow content promoting the sexual or violent exploitation of minors, including the sexualization of fictional minors.
Promotion and glorification of self-harm
We do not allow activities that encourage, promote or glorify acts of self-harm, such as cutting, eating disorders like anorexia or bulimia, and suicide. If you encounter users contemplating or threatening self-harm, please report it to us via the form or email address linked below.
How to report a violation
If you find a post or account on Plant Story app Community that violates these rules, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you break the rules
We strive to be fair, but we reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove content, without notice, for any reason, particularly to protect our services, infrastructure, users, or community. If you attempt to evade suspension by creating new accounts or posts, we will suspend your new accounts and posts.
Upon investigating or disabling content associated with your account, we will notify you, unless we believe your account is automated or operating in bad faith, or that notifying you is likely to cause, maintain or exacerbate harm to someone.
If you believe your content or account has been restricted or disabled in error, or believe there is relevant context we were not aware of in reaching our determination, you can write to us at email@example.com. We will consider all good faith efforts to appeal.
Government Takedown Requests
If Plant Story app Community receives a request from a government actor to restrict access to content associated with your account, we will notify you unless we are prohibited by law or believe doing so may endanger others. Where applicable, we will work to limit legally-ordered content restrictions to jurisdictions where we have a good faith belief that we are legally required to restrict the content.
We may enforce, or not enforce, these policies at our sole discretion. These policies don't create a duty or contractual obligation for us to act.
We also may change these rules at any time.